No images are saved or transmistted. Analytics are only collected for error reporting and improvemnt of the experience.
To read the full privacy, see below.
Last Updated: May 25, 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Anonymous Data Anonymous Data refers to data that by itself does not permit the identification of a specific individual. We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with the Apps or the Site. We may collect the following types of Anonymous Data when you use the Apps or the Site.
• Measurement data produced by the Apps. We may collect the Apps version, device hardware model, device operating system (OS) version, language and region settings, timestamp, self assessments of mood and stress, measurement mode (finger/face), heart rate, and waveforms related to your heart signal obtained from the processing of the camera input.
• Geolocation information. We may collect the geolocation (e.g. GPS) of your mobile device at the time of a saved measurement only with your permission. We do not access or track your geolocation information in the background.
• Apps usage and interactions. We may collect statistics about the behavior of users of the Apps to understand how they interact with the Apps and for error reporting. For instance, we may monitor which part of the Apps and its related features you are interested in and your usage patterns.
Personal Data is data that can be used to identify or contact you. MI is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its user community. The Apps require access to the camera on your device in order to measure your heart rate. Images from the camera feed are processed locally on your device and cleared immediately afterwards. We do not collect any images obtained from the camera feed. We do require registration to access MI Apps, allowing you to access and use the Apps by providing Personal Data. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
• Information you provide by completing forms on MI Apps or Site — your name, email, age, gender, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, or if you contact us;
• Information about your activity on and interaction with MI Apps or Site (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Apps);
• Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Apps or Site, in the form of traffic analytics.
• Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
• Information that you submit on or to MI in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; and
• The email address associated with your Google account, if you choose to sign up using your Google credentials. MI will also request permission to access your name, profile picture, and friend list (these permissions are governed by Google’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Google privacy settings). We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The Anonymous Data you provide allows us to perform analysis and generate the appropriate statistics relevant to you. We use the Anonymous Data to better understand our users as well as to improve the content and functionality of the Apps. For example, collecting the waveforms related to the heart signal allows us to perform research and development, improve the Apps, and develop new features or services. If we do collect information regarding your GPS location with your permission, we will not share such information without your express consent. We may conduct research on our end user's demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Anonymous Data. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. MI may share with its affiliates, agents, and business partners this “aggregated” data compiled from the information that it collects from users. These aggregate data do not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated data in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
EUROPEAN UNION USERS
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
• Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Services.
• Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we use identity information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users. Security Policy/Procedures and Standard of Care.
The security of your personal data is of paramount importance to us. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal and Anonymous data. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so MI cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using the Site or the Apps, you accept this risk. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
We will retain de-identified Anonymous Data for an indefinite amount of time for research and development purposes. If you contacted us via email, your email will be retained for communication purposes for a reasonable time thereafter.
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information.
While these rights are not applicable globally, all MI users can manage their personal information.
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please contact us as described below (see "Contact Us"). We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13, unless consent is given or authorised by the parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13, you should not provide any data to us without the permission of your parent or legal guardian. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to us without the consent of the parental or legal guardian, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us in one of our Apps, please write to us using the Contact form available inside of the App in which you have registered an account.